Options

Enterprise Antivirus solutions

sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for an enterprise antivirus solution. We currently use McAfee ePO and our contract is expiring next year, and we would like to replace it with something else.

What programs do you use and what do you like about them?

I'm testing Trend Micro Office Scan & Deep Security, and Kaspersky Security Center. Have mixed feelings about both...

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take a look at Sophos. That is what we use.
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Since all A/V pretty much sucks, more or less, just get whatever has the smallest client footprint. If you are a MS shop, you might look at Microsoft System Center 2012 | Endpoint Protection - I use and recomend security essentials for all my friends, family, and small companies I work with. I have no experience with the enterprise version though.
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    We run Microsoft Forefront here.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use Kaspersky here. I've found it doesn't have a big footprint on our machines and I love the VMware plugin piece so we don't need to use agents on our servers. It's nice that we can control our mobile, VM, and workstations in the same dashboard.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Used Vipre, it had a great deployment console.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    tbgree00 wrote: »
    We use Kaspersky here. I've found it doesn't have a big footprint on our machines and I love the VMware plugin piece so we don't need to use agents on our servers. It's nice that we can control our mobile, VM, and workstations in the same dashboard.
    Hm... That's not what I found during the test. Sometimes, Kaspersky processes consume almost 350 MB of RAM and using 100% of CPU. I guess I'm doing something wrong...
  • Options
    meowcatmeowcat Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We used McAfee at my job until it sent out a bad dat that wiped out every one of our machines (fortunately fixable but had to hand visit everyone once McAfee had a solution). We ended up going with Sophos. It had a small footprint and seemed to do a much better job with spyware. We've been using it for a few years now and are very happy. We did look at Trend Micro (didn't think it did a good job) and Kaspersky (thought it had a large footprint).
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'll be testing Kaspersky for the next few weeks and then try TrendMicro and Sophos.
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    Try avira, it has a tiny footprint and provides great protection.