Options

CCNA or CCNA Routing + Switching

Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry, I am sure this has been asked, but I was unable to find an answer. I am scheduled for ICND2 640-816 on Tuesday, now if I pass will I get a CCNA, or is it considered CCNA Routing + Switching? I also believe you can mix and match the old exams with the new ones until the old exams are retired in September. If I was to take the new ICND2 would I then get a CCNA Routing + Switching? I have no preference, just curious.

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
    They're the same thing. I'm not sure if when you get CCNA currently with the old exams if it's listed as CCNA:R&S or CCNA technically though. But to advance to CCNP:R&S you can have either or, CCNA/CCNA:R&S. And you are correct on being able to mismatch, I would guess that with the new INCD2 it would list as a CCNA:R&S where if you did both old exams it's likely CCNA?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I think from now on, there is no CCNA. It is CCNA Routing and Switching, regardless of when you acquired it.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    you will be CCNA R&S certified....
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA