Options

C2950 & ssh???

M-Ant78M-Ant78 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to configure SSH on my c2950 switch, but from what I have read online it looks like my IOS version is not compatible w/SSH. I am using IOS Version 12.1. This all initially came about when I was following Jeremy @ CBTNuggets & he said to key in 'crypto key generate rsa' but I got nada except an error message. My question is, is there a way I can update my IOS version so that is compatible to work with SSH or am I forced to purchase a different type of Switch in order to accomplish this? Lend me your wisdom, and thank you so much.

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saw a post earlier where someone stated that Switch IOS's are available from Cisco. You should be able to upgrade the IOS on it.
  • Options
    M-Ant78 wrote: »
    I am trying to configure SSH on my c2950 switch, but from what I have read online it looks like my IOS version is not compatible w/SSH. I am using IOS Version 12.1. This all initially came about when I was following Jeremy @ CBTNuggets & he said to key in 'crypto key generate rsa' but I got nada except an error message. My question is, is there a way I can update my IOS version so that is compatible to work with SSH or am I forced to purchase a different type of Switch in order to accomplish this? Lend me your wisdom, and thank you so much.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    I saw a post earlier where someone stated that Switch IOS's are available from Cisco. You should be able to upgrade the IOS on it.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As stated, Cisco let's you download IOS for switches, just not for routers. I downloaded the newest IOS with Encryption [tar] and installed it on all my 2950s.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]