Options

Multivision Inc.

hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
I got an email yesterday from a recruiter for this company stating they are looking for people with programming experience to train for Java development positions in Fairfax, VA. The email set off my scam sense because of several misspellings, .cc domain name and they state they will arrange housing for people from out of town but from searching Google I can't find anything that really says one way or another. Anyone heard of this company and know anything?

Comments

• Options
    m4rk4lm4rk4l Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've gotten an email from them too, have you gone through their training process?
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    Nope, the pay range they were offering is so far below the cost of living for the area it's funny.
  • Options
    extriquekextriquek Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hoktauri wrote: »
    Nope, the pay range they were offering is so far below the cost of living for the area it's funny.

What is the pay range? I recently received an email from the company. I have been researching the company and I see bad reviews about their contract. I do think that it might be an easy way to get 2 years of experience and add to the resume.
  • Options
    henrytimrodhenrytimrod Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't see the big deal. I went through the 10-week training but learned more than all of my college studies. The starting pay is low for the DC area but when you get placed on a project, you probably won't even be living in DC. I couldn't get a job as a programmer with only what I learned in school anyway so I didn't mind the lower pay for a chance to be a real programmer (I rejected all offers for tester and QA. Those are dead end jobs). My project is in Texas where $50k is more than enough.