Anybody know of any NOC's that are looking for entry level? (DC Metro)

GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
I've recently passed the CCENT and plan on taking the CCNA in about a month. In the mean time I'm looking for new opportunities at an entry level to gain some networking experience. My current role is a dead end desktop role and I'd rather bang my head against a wall than resolve another outlook issue or password reset.

Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring for entry level NOC positions in the DC metro area?

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Its quite a few NOC's out in Reston area. I would be careful. A lot of noc will just have you answering the phone, so look around. There are a bunch of other NOC's in the federal sector, some require clearances, some dont. I would just apply and see if they are sponsoring clearances.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
    shodown wrote: »
    Its quite a few NOC's out in Reston area. I would be careful. A lot of noc will just have you answering the phone, so look around. There are a bunch of other NOC's in the federal sector, some require clearances, some dont. I would just apply and see if they are sponsoring clearances.

Thanks shodown, what kind of phone calls do you take in the Noc? A position I applied for they had their noc guys calling engineers in case of serious alerts, is that what you mean?
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I worked for a agency years ago, that pretty much watched a status board. We had read access to the router and would call the teleco if something went down. That was it for 8 hours a day, and only 2 PC's had outside internet access which we all had to share which management thought was a great idea as everyone could facebook, but sharing the machine with the internet kept it down,lol.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related