Options

Got my A+ Certification about a month ago what jobs should I search for?

momo5momo5 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got an associates degree in computer engineering, and over half way done with bachelors but had to stop to find a job and get some money to finish up. I have my A+ , looking at desktop supports jobs( easy work, looking at the job description it's like help desk in person) For some reason I can't even get a interview for these type of jobs. I tried searching help desk IT jobs and nothing comes up what search options should I be using to get an entry level job.

currently working PT retail, but I want career in IT all my life been working with pcs but for some reason can't get no chances.

Comments

• Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have to keep applying. You will get your break soon enough. I know I applied to a few places before I started to get interviews.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You ought to be able to get a help desk or DST job if you're in a remotely decent market. Keep applying, though it would be worth having someone look over your resume.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OP wrote:
    I have my A+
    ptilsen wrote: »
    You ought to be able to get a help desk or DST job if you're in a remotely decent market. Keep applying, though it would be worth having someone look over your resume.
    +1. Have you tried the computer lab at your college or your local Best Buy's "Geek Squad"?
  • Options
    momo5momo5 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have applied for computer repair job at Geek Squad last week, and some technical colleges looking for desktop support. I chucked up the miles on job searching and I see alot more desktop entry level jobs but the drive would be 1 hr 30min away for most of these jobs. That alot of gas use per day and I don't think entry help desk pays that much icon_sad.gif but the experience would be valuable. I'm pretty desperate now so I think I will have to go for these jobs, at first I thought maybe I just didn't use the correct keywords when using job boards.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sometimes you just have to go where the jobs are.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    boobobobobobboobobobobob Member Posts: 118
    Sometimes you just have to go where the jobs are.

I agree, i drive 2 hours one way and only travel 30~ or so miles :P
  • Options
    JayemJayem Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree, i drive 2 hours one way and only travel 30~ or so miles :P

That is some slow driving
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you arent getting any responses, check your resume. that is likely the issue. post it on this site for review.