Options

Interview for Service Desk Operator

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I have managed to land myself an Interview for this Friday for the position of Service Desk Operator and was just wondering what sort of questions I might be asked if anyone is in a similar role. I am really nervous and trying to prepare myself for the Interview so trying to think of questions that I could ask my Interviewers at the end also.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Expect a lot of "What if..." questions. A quick google search will probably provide a lot of good questions that are usually asked.

-Describe a time when you had a difficult client and how you handled the issue.
    -If you had multiple problems which were all deemed to be high priority, how would you determine which issues to work on first? How would you deal with the issues you did not decide to work on first?
    -If you were unable to resolve a user's issue and also unable to escalate to another support group what tools and resources would you employ to find a resolution?
  • Options
    boobobobobobboobobobobob Member Posts: 118
    For a entry level position (i just assumed it was entry level) i don't think you should expect very many technical questions. You should get more general questions ie:

Why do you want this job?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Name a time you took on a leadership roll?
    ect, ect, ect

These were the questions i was asked for my first IT job as a paid intern. But since you're a fulltime employee it might differ i'm not really sure
  • Options
    greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi depends of role requirements I think. Read the role requirements and make sure that you can answer questions related with job specs. Also be prepare for questions like have others said in this post already. Try find information regarding how to face(behave) with customer by phone,mail etc. And be prepare for some "silly" question for which there is no right answer, but a key is how do you respond, your behavior think etc. If you provide job specification, we might be able to help you better. GOOD LUCK!
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• Options
    Hi guys,

Thought you like to know I had my Interview last week and they would like me to come back on the 11th June for a 2nd Interview which I am chuffed about. The 2nd interview is going to be with someone from HR and one from when I had my 1st interview. Can anyone shed any light on what too expect from my 2nd interview with HR? E.g: What types of questions I might be asked.

Has anyone Ben in the same situation?

Regards

Rob icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I would suspect the HR interview is a look and feel type deal. They want to ask you questions with no technical merrit at all. These would be common questions about how to handle conflict between employees, goals, etc.

If you have gotten past the technical part, I would suspect HR is just reviewing to give a go ahead. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know I went for my 2nd Interview today and think it went quite well again. I was taken on a tour around the building through the Server rooms and the areas where the 1st 2nd and 3rd line Helpdesks are.

I also had a HR Rep there also and was just asked what Salary & Benefits I get now in my current job! So I don't know what to make of that.

At the end of the Interview though they said they would let me know in a weeks time. Fingers crossed!

Regards

Rob
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Kopite_21 wrote: »
    At the end of the Interview though they said they would let me know in a weeks time. Fingers crossed!

Sounds great - good luck (and my fingers are crossed for you)!
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, fingers crossed for ya
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Just thought I'll let you know 'I GOT THE JOB'!!!

I received a phone call from HR before to say that I have been successful and I got the role, she says they just need to sort a few things out with The Director 1st and they will contact me either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Am so chuffed cannot wait too start, just need to get this A+ out of the bloody way.

Regards

Rob