Options

The Future of CCNP Voice

nerdinhidingnerdinhiding Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Will CCNP Voice be short lived and follow the CCIE track?
Will the exams change over soon and be EOL? I was looking to take this path starting first of next year.CCIE Voice Evolves - Cisco Systems

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. This will still be a valuable certification for some time to come. Also the new stuff is not a drastic change.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    CCIE is currently on version 7.x and CCNP Voice is on 8.X. From my understanding CCIE Collab will test on version 9.X. The changes between versions 8 and 9 aren't substantial.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    CUCM 8 added SAF/CCD and EMCC. Version 9 adds a bunch of new CaC features, ILS and a basic que so people don't have to buy UCCX.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    The core fundamentals will remain the same regardless. So attempt the track when you feel ready! Yes, there will be different feature support on later IOS / UCM versions but thats easy breezy to read through with the updates in the SRND. Once you begin to understand the core knowledge then everything else seems to fall into place.