Failed ICND2 today...but with a caveat...

ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
So I've been preparing for past month and half or so for the ICND2 but between a starting a new job and hitting the ground running with some big projects for them I've found little to no time to study in the last 2 weeks. Fast forward to yesterday and like an idiot I forgot to reschedule my exam!

So here I am, still have 2 chapters to finish reading (NAT and IPv6) and I'm stuck with deciding whether to lose $150 and not go to the exam or lose $150 and take/fail the exam. So I figure, "eh, why not, it'll be like practice!" So I go to the exam, take the test and it goes...better than I thought. I actually found it fairly easier than I had expected.

Unfortunately I still failed, as I had expected. Scored a 776.

So lesson learned and motivation to pass this thing has returned. I'm traveling to a customer site all next week so I'll be rescheduling the exam for the end of June. Here's to hoping the 2nd go around is the one!
:study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA

Comments

• bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh man, that's crazy, sounds like something I would do. Sorry to hear it, but it will probably help you even more once you study up on the parts you didn't know.
  • DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice to hear that I'm not the only one.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Sorry to hear it.
    You should be able to kill it the second time.
    Good luck.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Sorry about the exam... good luck for the next time icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I've been preparing for past month and half or so for the ICND2 but between a starting a new job and hitting the ground running with some big projects for them I've found little to no time to study in the last 2 weeks. Fast forward to yesterday and like an idiot I forgot to reschedule my exam!

So here I am, still have 2 chapters to finish reading (NAT and IPv6) and I'm stuck with deciding whether to lose $150 and not go to the exam or lose $150 and take/fail the exam. So I figure, "eh, why not, it'll be like practice!" So I go to the exam, take the test and it goes...better than I thought. I actually found it fairly easier than I had expected.

Unfortunately I still failed, as I had expected. Scored a 776.

So lesson learned and motivation to pass this thing has returned. I'm traveling to a customer site all next week so I'll be rescheduling the exam for the end of June. Here's to hoping the 2nd go around is the one!

So are you stating that in comparison to the ICND1, that the ICND2 exam was less challenging than the ICND1?