Options

Geez! Finally!! PASSED 70-649! Now MCITP/MCSA: 2008!

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well it took me just about over a year (with some slacking of course) and 3 tries (did better with my first try than my second) but I finally passed 70-649!! Scored an 850!! I gotta say from this whole experience I probably will NEVER ever take a compilation exam...it's just too much, and the way they grade the test is ridiculous! If you're weaker in just ONE part you're pretty much done. I wanted to take this and get it over with before this track retired. So happy to notch this because I probably would've let this one slide if I had failed again.

Next up: MCSA: Windows 8

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! I've heard these upgrade exams can be a bear.

So one (70-647) away from the EA, why not knock it out while your at it?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job! That is very exciting!
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »

Thanks Ess and N2! Essendon, correct me if I am wrong wouldn't I already have the EA? I already had MCITP/MCSA in Windows 7. I thought it would in combination with 70-649 would give me the EA title.

If I do need one more exam would it not matter because it will be one in the same once the name changes to MCSA Server 2008 no matter if you were MCITP SA or EA?
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! :)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nah mate, you NEED the 647 to be an EA. You are right when you say you'll be an MCSA: 2008 whether you an EA or an SA. But to be an EA, you need to do the 647. To be an SA, you need to do the 646.

What does your certification planner say? It'll tell you what you need (or dont need!) to be something.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    Peterm44Peterm44 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! I have heard that those combined exams are very difficult.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Essendon wrote: »

He Bearly made it man!
    meh
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Did you already pass the 646? The 649 upgrades your MCSE by giving you credit for 640, 642, and 643. You still need the 646 for the MCITP:SA or the 647 for the MCITP:EA since you already have the client exam covered.
  • Options
    Ooh alright thanks for clearing that up guys. I guess the 647 is next (after my free Windows 8 upgrade exam in a couple weeks)
  • Options
    effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
    With some recent team changes, if what I've asked for gets approved I'll be tacking the MCSA 2008 this year once I complete CCENT (hopefully by end of July), seeing some of the threads about how hard the tests can be is a little intimidating but that's just going to inspire me to lab it up even more. At work we're using 2008 R2 infrastructure so that should help but will have my own multiple physical and virtual server lab setup in the data center as well.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63