Options

I found my dream workstation

tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
Perfect for work, gaming or shooting down Imperial Tie-Fighters.

MWE Lab - Products - Emperor 1510 - Gallery

1-EMP_MAC_POD_BACK.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Saw this on CNet this weekend. Looks amazing, but at the price tag... I'd imagine not many people will be picking one up.
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Saw this on CNet this weekend. Looks amazing, but at the price tag... I'd imagine not many people will be picking one up.

It's also missing a toilet :P
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I want the black steel version.
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    It's useless, as long as you are using the mice to work on the system.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GarudaMin wrote: »
    It's also missing a toilet :P

And missing cycling pedals to at least get a minor work out now and then. You can't just sit there for 8+ hrs straight without getting unhealthy. It would be complete with toilet and a small cycling exercise machine for your legs to get your body working. The elevated heart rate will keep your mind sharper and awake.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Price sucks. I budgeted $18,000 to spend on a workstation. This company is way out of touch.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I'd fall asleep within 5 minutes in that.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I was about to place my order, until I realised it don't swivel 360!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks awesome though!!
  • Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    I showed these to my wife and got a good laugh followed with a "No." Oh well, I tried.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Mr Garrison new vehicle?
    meh
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe its just me but they show these out almost every year. It looks sweet but its expensive and takes up alot of space.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    fly2dw wrote: »
    Well I was about to place my order, until I realised it don't swivel 360!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks awesome though!!

it so does :)

[h=4]360o programmable rotating podium[/h]
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    movingzachbmovingzachb Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No where to put your drink. What that thing needs is a built in Soda dispenser. Place to put your drinks. (Or a tube like a Camalbak back back).
    Also a place to put your food.
    Oh and it needs to be all black.
    Security+
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anyone have any ideas on how to slip a few of these into next years budget?
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cruwl wrote: »
    anyone have any ideas on how to slip a few of these into next years budget?

I don't see many companies having budget for something like this unless you work for someone like Google.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Holy... awesomeness. The smaller version that doesn't include monitors is only $6,000!!
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I would not pay a dime for those screens anyway. On the other hand, this setup and Samsung's bendable screens on 180 degrees would worth a lot.

Gadget Watch: Samsung shows bendable phone screen (Update)
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    Holy... awesomeness. The smaller version that doesn't include monitors is only $6,000!!
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    it so does :)

360o programmable rotating podium

Oh yes I see it in the "available options" now you mention it (I missed that at first glance). Well that changes everything!!!!

Oh wait, no it don't still the tiny problem of cost....... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    I don't see many companies having budget for something like this unless you work for someone like Google.

Hence the requirement for an "idea" :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    fly2dw wrote: »
    Oh yes I see it in the "available options" now you mention it (I missed that at first glance). Well that changes everything!!!!

Oh wait, no it don't still the tiny problem of cost....... icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm starting a Kick start project for funding, if I achieve the goal I will send each sponsor an picture of me sitting in it :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I'm starting a Kick start project for funding, if I achieve the goal I will send each sponsor an picture of me sitting in it :)

lol I am seeing some lame stuff getting funded through Kickstarter lately, like repackaged ideas of stuff that already exists.