Options

Failed CCENT

RavenclawRavenclaw Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I went in and got a 775 needed a 804 to pass. I am surprised I did that well being nervous it didn't
help at all; and the fact that I clicked next instead of the next question in the sim so I answered 1 out of 4 questions
on a sim.. I didn't budget my time well as I got hit with 3 sims which were the last three questions. I just grinned
when I had 8 min. and 3 sims left. wheres the CCIE when I need one Ha

If I had any advice it would be budget your time better than me and KNOW YOUR SHOW COMMANDS!!!!!

Round 2 I am thinking next week..... Good luck all :)

Comments

• Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICND1 has allot of Subnetting I made sure I was able to subnet in under 10 seconds in my head. Absolutely be familiar with CDP commands.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I had taken hundreds of exams for university courses that cost thousands more than the CCENT and I never experienced the nerves I had when I sat for the CCENT. Aside from the obvious studying your weak areas and such I would take the full amount of time in reading through the introduction to the exam next time you take it. I forget how much time you're allowed to take during the introduction but by the time I slowly worked through the 'this is what a multiple choice question is... this is a simulation etc....' my nerves were gone and I was ready to go.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    treehousetreehouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Knowing every show command and what they do is really important! I created a document in Google Drive which I reviewed right before I went in. Can't say why without breaking NDA, but this was essential for a particularly nefarious reason on Cisco's part.

I published it for anyone else who wants it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cm3ZIU1T_8VUEgGlRRUro9jgGJpW5LdTr3DlP9MnM8A/pub
    2015 GOALS

VCP [ ] VCP5-DT
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I clicked next instead of next question in the Sim once and I was told they were going to fix that.
    I can't believe it's still letting you jump to the next question. Nice.
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well it sounds like you wont have any problems next time!
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The one that really got me was unlike any other sim on the exam or any other company's exam. It gave you no guidance on how to complete it.
  • Options
    RavenclawRavenclaw Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree I should nail it next time oh and "treehouse" thanks for the document this will be very helpful......
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    treehouse wrote: »
    Knowing every show command and what they do is really important! I created a document in Google Drive which I reviewed right before I went in. Can't say why without breaking NDA, but this was essential for a particularly nefarious reason on Cisco's part.

I published it for anyone else who wants it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cm3ZIU1T_8VUEgGlRRUro9jgGJpW5LdTr3DlP9MnM8A/pub

Thanks!! I just printed out a copy for my records.
  • Options
    GyverVGyverV Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    treehouse wrote: »

Thank you very much for sharing this with us!
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    sorry to hear this and Good luck for your re-try icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA