Interview with Amazon Fulfillment

silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
Hey guys,
I've landed an interview with Amazon fulfillment next week for a Jr IT Support Technician position. I just wanted to see if anybody has any experience working on the fulfillment side of Amazon and get their impressions on it. I understand it will probably be a bit different than working at one of the Amazon offices and just wanted to see if anybody knew how different exactly :)

I was also hoping to get your opinion on how "technical" this position seems, here's the job description:

Job Description

Amazon is looking for a Jr. FC Support Technician to support our Fulfillment Center. This is a great opportunity to expand your technical horizons in a dynamic setting. The successful Field Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.

Field Technicians must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. He/She must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people. They must also exhibit strong analytical skills with problem solving ability. Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Superior Customer Service skills in dealing with all levels of personnel.

Basic Qualifications

• A+ Cert within 6 months plus have knowledge of Linux or Unix
• High School diploma or equivalent is required
• Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• 2+ years experience in a production environment
• Stand/walk for shifts 10-12 hours long
• Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights and holidays
• Experience setting up, taking down and re-locating Xterms and PC systems

Preferred Qualifications

• Windows System Support & troubleshooting
• Install/test/troubleshoot applications
• Image and maintain desktop and laptop systems
• Networking & Telecom skills
• Experience administering PBX and voice mail systems
• Configure and maintain Cisco switches and routers
• Data Cabling / Computer Facilities
• Ability to create and administer clear, concise documentation to lower the possibility of a repeat problem
• Provide support and learn the skills needed to support specific FC Automated Systems

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
Working on: MCITP:SA
Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA

Comments

• minitminit Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Silver,

I actually saw this same job I think, but didn't apply. Is it located in Delaware? Those 12 hour shifts seemed pretty long. I'm curious to know how many days a week this job is.

Mike
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Hey Mike,

It is in Delaware - I was told its 4 10 hour shifts a week.
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like a good opportunity good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I applied for the one in SC and never got a call back. D: let us know how it goes.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i never interviewed for Amazon, but i had a co-worker go to one, and he said it was brutal.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark