Passed ccna

getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
It has been a long journey for me, but I am official a CCNA. got a 916 on the ICND2. I took and passed the ICND1 test in in April and just passed the ICND2 test this weekend. I've been on and off with studying this certification for a few years but finally got down to business in January with:

CBT Nuggets
The jump starter like the way he broke down subnetting and vlsm

Prep Logic
I listened to the lectures in the car, through out the day and on the way to sleep.

The Ultimate CCNA Study package by Chris Bryant.
This guide was great, uploaded it on my tablet read it everywhere.

CCNA in 60 days by Paul Browning
I really used it for the first 30 days

Top secret lab books...lol, not really. A friend of mine gave me some hard core lab books. like 5 of them. When I lost the lust for studying theory, labbing always brought me back on track. I tried to lab at least an hour everyday (GNS3) and all morning sat and sun. sometimes all day if I really get into a zone. Just find some lab books and go ham!

My lab consists of:
1X Dell 1950
3X 2650
1X 3550

1X 1811
1X 2811
3X 2610
1X 1760

and of course GNS3

I hand wrote a lot of my notes, I find that I remember things when i write them down. I also used Anki for my flash cards, great tool.

At any rate, my week point was ACL's, so I will go back to make sure I fully understand, because most roles in my company will require me to know these very well.

Before I embark on another cisco cert, I will take on Juniper any recommendations on books or cbt's?
In Progress:
Degree in Engineering

Comments

• t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • SwitchingGearsSwitchingGears Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great suggestions and congrats on the pass!
    Halfway thru Cisco Networking Academy towards CCNA; Halfway towards EnCe or CCE. Self-studying A+,Security+
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How useful did you find Paul Browning's book? I'm on day 13 of his program.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Carnby wrote: »
    How useful did you find Paul Browning's book? I'm on day 13 of his program.

It was pretty cool, the hardest thing about these studying these test is having an actual schedule and that is what the book gave me. a schedule i could follow.
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    getitngo wrote: »
    It was pretty cool, the hardest thing about these studying these test is having an actual schedule and that is what the book gave me. a schedule i could follow.

Thanks for replying. That's encouraging to hear. I agree. I like that it lays out a lesson plan for each day. I also like that it gives you small doses of information each day. It may not be chock full of info as my official cert guide, but that thing reads like stereo instructions. lol
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security