Options

Passed ICND1 (640-822) - Finally!

Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
After the following results 799, 775 & 799... I've finally passed today with a 925. One of the big things that helped over previous attempts was picking up the Boson practice exams. It's great to get that monkey off my back.

For ICND2 I have official cert guide by Odom, Chris Byrant's videos and will definitely be purchasing Boson practice exam too. I may look at getting a second book as I want to make sure I pass the current ICND2 (640-816) before 30th September 2013.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Comments

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif

Good luck on ICND2!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on CCNA
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    dotcom85dotcom85 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for the pass,

am motivated when i see you guys post when passing a specific exam, am struggling too studying CCENT and my goal CCNA,

thnx every 1 in TE.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How long did you study for it?
  • Options
    About 2-3 months eddo1. I certainly underestimated it.

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    ICND2 is a bit harder so make sure to not treat it lightly as well. Good luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Thanks folks. Already started in to Chris Byrant's ICND2 videos.

• Options
    Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    After the following results 799, 775 & 799... I've finally passed today with a 925. One of the big things that helped over previous attempts was picking up the Boson practice exams. It's great to get that monkey off my back.

For ICND2 I have official cert guide by Odom, Chris Byrant's videos and will definitely be purchasing Boson practice exam too. I may look at getting a second book as I want to make sure I pass the current ICND2 (640-816) before 30th September 2013.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

First of all, congrats on the pass. That's an awesome score. I am going after the ICND2 hopefully by the end of July or early August. I have never used the Boson practice exams, but I am seriously considering doing so for this next cert. Can you provide insights to why the Boson product is such a good tool. In particular, I am interesting in finding out do they provide simulations/simlets within that resource and whats your take on those as well. Thanks
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rodzilla G wrote: »
    First of all, congrats on the pass. That's an awesome score. I am going after the ICND2 hopefully by the end of July or early August. I have never used the Boson practice exams, but I am seriously considering doing so for this next cert. Can you provide insights to why the Boson product is such a good tool. In particular, I am interesting in finding out do they provide simulations/simlets within that resource and whats your take on those as well. Thanks

Boson has Simulations and Simlets in addition to the usual Multiple Choice questions. This is more like the real thing from what I'm told.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, here's to passing ICDN2.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    Boson has Simulations and Simlets in addition to the usual Multiple Choice questions. This is more like the real thing from what I'm told.

This. Sims and drag/drop are part of the Boson exam which is not what I found part of the Pearson/Trainsignal exams. I also found the format of the questions to be very similar to real exam. Money well spent imo.

• Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    This. Sims and drag/drop are part of the Boson exam which is not what I found part of the Pearson/Trainsignal exams. I also found the format of the questions to be very similar to real exam. Money well spent imo.

Awesome. Thanks I will be purchasing it!!!
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After I failed the CCNA I took a step back and decided to focus on the ICND1. I read a post on here to buy the Boson Exam and it would help me pass. I did and I saw my score go way up! I can't say it's all becuse of Boson but the program has helped me a-lot. I set for my CCENT in July and I should pass this time. !
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

I always use the Boson practice exams. Sometimes the Transcender ones as well. I figure the cost of getting them is less than the cost of having to retake the exam. When you get to CCNP, the Boson TSHOOT Ex-Sim Max is a must.