which path to take?

chapapachapapa Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi! hmmm. let me start by saying that I have 6 months to review anything I want. I don't plan on looking some job for experience (yes, I know experience is the most important thing and with some personal and family reasons I can't tell you guys why I choose not to find a job yet, sorry!). I want to spend the 6 months in molding myself to be a potential network administrator or network engineer in the future (again, I know that experience plays a big role here, but I want to hit first the books and again because of personal and family reasons).

Question 1: I plan to take CCNP with that course of 6 months (3 months for ROUTE and 3 months for SWITCH) then If I have some time I can go all the way to TSHOOT before the year ends. what do you think will be my market value? having CCNP with no experience

Question 2: Worst case scenario, CCNP with no experience does not really boost your market value, what other certifications that I could take with the span of 6 months? I plan to take Linux certification, and anything about servers. Would that greatly boost my market value?

thank you for taking time to read my post. sorry for the wrong grammar as english is not my primary language. hope you will answer my questions. thank you and Godbless!

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can take whatever you're interested in- learning new technologies is NEVER a bad thing in my opinion. That being said, the CCNP may help you get some hits on interviews, but you really need experience to land a CCNP-level job. In short, the CCNP will help you get a job doing CCNA-level work (with the equivalent salary). Like I said, it won't hurt, but it's not going to put you on the same level as a CCNP with 5 years of experience.

Good luck in your studies!
  • chapapachapapa Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    You can take whatever you're interested in- learning new technologies is NEVER a bad thing in my opinion. That being said, the CCNP may help you get some hits on interviews, but you really need experience to land a CCNP-level job. In short, the CCNP will help you get a job doing CCNA-level work (with the equivalent salary). Like I said, it won't hurt, but it's not going to put you on the same level as a CCNP with 5 years of experience.

Good luck in your studies!

thanks for the heads up! :) I'm getting excited for my studies!