Options

70-646 cracked, now a MCSA :-)

cg1967cg1967 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the 70-646 to get my MCSA 2008 R2 on Thursday. It's been an interesting journey and taken 16 months, longer than I wanted but that's family life for you.

I'm moving onto Network+ and Security+ next, giving myself 6 months to crack both, but neither subject is completely new so hopefully it's doable.

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, they Net+ and Sec+ are very easy by comparison
  • Options
    Peterm44Peterm44 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How did you find the 70-646 exam as I will be looking at this one later in the year?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Grats! I'd do the CCENT instead of the N+. The N+ is a pretty entry-level cert and it looks like you are way past that level. Unless of course, you need to fulfill some kind of requirement.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Grats! I'd do the CCENT instead of the N+. The N+ is a pretty entry-level cert and it looks like you are way past that level. Unless of course, you need to fulfill some kind of requirement.

I agree with Essendon, you should consider moving on to CCENT (or even CCNA) instead of the CompTIA exams. The ONLY reason you should consider the CompTIA exams is if your job requires it.

Either path you take, good luck.

Congrats again!
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Congratulations!
    I'm also taking 70-646 in July.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats man. As others have stated the A+ and Net+ are extremely easy in comparison to any MS exam. You could probably read the book and review for a week and pass. No joke.

CCNA may be a good next step :)
  • Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. I hope to be able to say the same thing in a few months time :)

Are you going to wait a while before upgrading to MCSA 2012, or is that not on your agenda?
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Conngrats on the certification. Good for hanging in there for so long.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cg1967cg1967 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

I shall have a look at the CCENT, I'd only decided on the Net+ because I want to improve my networking knowledge. Same with the Sec+, although I'm quite into Security in general and see it as something that I could really get my teeth into.

As for the 646 exam itself, without violating the exam code or whatever they call it, I liked the scenario based questions where you are looking at the big picture as much as than just a fix and I thought Microsoft common sense played a part. I say Microsoft common sense, purely because the way the Microsoft book says to do something isn't always the way we'd do it.

Yes, Server 2012 is also on the agenda, but maybe in 12 months or so. The plan post some networking and security study is to do more practical work with Config Manager and Exchange in a Hyper V environment.