Options

IPv6 on the CCNA test

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
So without violating the NDA, how big a factor is IPv6 on the CCNA test now? When I took it before, it wasn't even out yet.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you that information without violating the NDA.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Might as well read up on it. I'm studying for ICND2 and just went through the IPv6 chapter in Odom's book. It was probably the easiest material I've had to learn so far.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    As networker050184 mentioned; no one can give specific details. In general, I'd say it depends if you're going for the retiring ICND2 or the new version. Having decided to switch focus to the new exams & comparing the new Odom books:

What was covered under ICND2 640-816, has been moved to the new ICND1 100-101. ICND2 200-101 now covers: Troubleshooting IPv6 Routing, Implementing OSPF for IPv6 and Implementing EIGRP for IPv6. I'd say passing the retiring ICND2 will be easier IPv6 wise. It appears you really need to know it well for the new exams.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ipv6 is easier to learn then ipv4. I find counting in hex easier then doing it old school icon_smile.gif

Configuring Routing protocols is easier as well.. Can't wait to start studying IPv6 after I past the old CCNA
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs