Options

ICND2 Finally Scheduled..

jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
Scheduled for next Friday, the 21st. Been pushing this off since my original date of May 17 - I've been rescheduling on a week-by-week basis and just need to get it done so I can hopefully meet my original goal of CCNA before July!

Spent about 5 hours after work today making a huge PT lab that incorporates most of the topics in some way. Had to go back to my command guide (cisco press) a number of times, but it's definitely helped me review. Topics I need to hit hard: NAT, IPv6, and WAN connections. I plan on practice-testing, finding out where I'm weakest, reviewing/labbing in those areas, then repeating until I feel confident. I'm also going to do another "impromptu super lab" or two the day before the test to finish it out.

Any words of advice are welcomed..just needed to make this thread to hold myself accountable in some way so I can hopefully reply on the 21st with good news!

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Good luck! I am scheduled for Monday the 17th before work... I also need to hit NAT and ACL hard myself.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Good Luck to you.
    My worst section, when I took the CCNA, was ACLs.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!!icon_thumright.gif

I'm also hitting NAT, ACL, and IPv6 very hard as those areas are much deeper and complex. I'm taking extra time to hammer them out!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I have ICND1 coming up this Monday. I also have to hit NAT pretty hard as the commands won't stick in my head for some reason. I look foward to seeing your misery in ipv6 once I pass ICND1 lol

Very best luck to us all!
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    How comfortable are you with the WAN concepts? These are what hurt me the most during ICND1 and after just finishing my first read through of Odom's book for ICND2 I'm pretty sure they will be haunting me again. For whatever reason the WAN material does not stick with me like every other topic does.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Souljacker wrote: »
    Good luck! I have ICND1 coming up this Monday. I also have to hit NAT pretty hard as the commands won't stick in my head for some reason. I look foward to seeing your misery in ipv6 once I pass ICND1 lol

Very best luck to us all!

Which version are you taking? I don't think NAT was covered at all when I studied for the old ICND1
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Good luck to you brother.. we all are in the same boat.. my weak points are ACL and NAT too
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    After doing some hardcore NAT/WAN review, I think I'm good. Next up, IPv6. Also finding I need to touch on OSPF again, as that was one of the first things I studied. Studying the rest of the day then taking a full practice test tomorrow to see where I'm at...then I have a week to solidify.

Good luck to everyone with their own respective tests...Cisco is tough! Especially if you don't (currently/yet) work in the field icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    krjay wrote: »
    Which version are you taking? I don't think NAT was covered at all when I studied for the old ICND1

I am taking the old test before it's phased out. I bought the CCNA in 60 days by Paul Browning with Farai and matched the lesson plans up to the Wendell Odom book. Mr. Odom's book (which literally had me captivated from beginning to end) didn't cover NAT commands in the detail that the Paul Browning one did so honestly I wasn't sure how hard these commands will be tested. I got the feeling that Mr. Odom wasn't concerned about NAT for this test as he only briefly went over it and did it with the SDM graphical interface that probably anyone could configure in their sleep, but the Paul Browning material went over the command and had labs in great detail.

It's my one weak area and I do plan to continue to CCNA after so it probably doesn't hurt to try to cement it in now.
  • Options
    Passed with an 888! Not all that excited about the score, but it'll do!
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats! I am re-taking mine on monday!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

I think I'm going to scratch the Security+ and pursue either Linux+ or MCSA (2008 )..leaning towards Linux but a few weeks off will help me make up my mind
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jamthat,

Great job on passing! can you post the packet tracer lab you created? also you may want to look at the MCSA 12 the 2008 track expires on 7/13/2013