Options

New CompTIA Certifications

praving5praving5 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,
You might be already aware of the new CompTIA certifications:

1. CompTIA Cloud+ - CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
  2. CompTIA Mobile App Security+ - CompTIA Mobile App Security+
  3. CompTIA Mobility+ - CompTIA Mobility+ Certification
  4. Social Media Security Professional - Social Media Security Professional certification powered by CompTIA
So, requesting Beta Exam takers to post their experiences/materials/thoughts etc. This would help to get a pre-insight into these and help prepare.

I am planning for them in Jan-Feb 2014. Anyone wants to join me is most Welcome. I am based out of Bangalore, India. Please share if you have any other information on the above.

Thanks and regards,
Pravin Goyal
RHCE | HP-UX CSA | VCP | MBA | CISSP | GISP | CCSK | CloudU | CompTIA CE | ITIL-F | ITSM-F

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will be taking the Cloud+ and Mobility+ after they are released.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Dont forget about the CDIA+ :) That one was just released. I was able to take the beta
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    Dont forget about the CDIA+ :) That one was just released. I was able to take the beta

Thanks. I had never even heard of that one. icon_surprised.gif
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Praving5. I'm interested in the Cloud+ and both Mobility+ certs in the next year. I probably won't take them until some training materials are released.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the mobility+ beta, was already working on CWNA. Aside from it being long it didn't feel like it was to difficult. I'm sure I got some wrong as the wording on some questions can be confusing, like most exams.
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How was it compared to CWNA material? I just finished CWNA last month was hoping maybe mobility+ was more hands on like A+ was
  • Options
    Nope, I felt like the information was more of a first step. Like net+ is to CCNA.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can add me to the list for Cloud+ as well. I already pre-ordered the cloud+ book.
  • Options
    missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please put me down for mobility + and cloud +
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Remedydmp, thanks for the heads up on the book. I pre-ordered it as well. I just took Cloud Essentials which, while basic, did introduce me to some better understanding of some cloud terminology I hear tossed around. I want to take Cloud+ soon while it's still fresh in my brain. Thanks!
  • Options
    mcgraymcgray Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Mobility+ is now in prelaunch. I visited mobility plus training website and notice they were offering HUGE discounts if you sign up before November 20th. I think this will be a beneficial certification to have. Im signing up today so I can get the discount.
  • Options
    mcgraymcgray Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Miss Janaya, I can get you signed up for the mobility+ if you are interested
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Mcgray, could you pm me the info on how to sign up for the betas?
  • Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd also be interested
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    tigerootigeroo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for feedback
  • Options
    praving5praving5 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I am planning to take up Mobility+. I am based out of Bangalore, India. Training material is available for $125 which included printed book and access to eBook.

Anyone else planning to take this up?
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I just recently noticed Cloud+ available as I searched for such an option, so I will definitely be taking this one; however, I will wait until there is something more along the lines of an OCG available.
  • Options
    praving5 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning to take up Mobility+. I am based out of Bangalore, India. Training material is available for $125 which included printed book and access to eBook.

Anyone else planning to take this up?

I took the beta since I was working on the CWNA. Passed Mobility+ using just that material, never did get around to taking the CWNA though.
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in Mobility+ and Cloud+
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might look into the SMSP cert, because social media is growing rampetly, and I'm sure some companies would love to make sure they keep themselves and their inrofmation safe. Since it doesn't seem to have too much interset. Might be a worth it to help stand out more if I was to go into that field.
  • Options
    cjlomeli85cjlomeli85 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey GUNNY, did you ever find out how to sign up for beta exams. I salute you. I'm an army combat medic veteran but once a soldier always a soldier.