Options

Laptop/Ultrabook finishes

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
I was reading an article about the soon to come Aspire S7 Haswell update and a few people were complaining about the aluminum finish. A few were saying that laptops should come in more colors and move away from the aluminum look. I personally hate the piano black and love aluminum.

What everyone's take on this?

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i like the aluminum look as well but i prefer to decal my laptops
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I prefer aluminum and there are plenty of after market solutions if somebody wants some color. It's easier for my Mac since it's a popular model for aftermarket products.

I think the problem some manufacturers have with offering colors is inventory and increased production costs. I know Dell used to offer laptop lid color choices for a while.
  • Options
    EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I preferred it the IBM way. You could have your Thinkpad in any color you want, as long as it's black.
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    EasyMac308 wrote: »
    I preferred it the IBM way. You could have your Thinkpad in any color you want, as long as it's black.
    Same here, which is why I have a Thinkpad! My main problem with Ultrabooks is that they all seem to have hideously glossy displays.
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I like my matte black finish, white and aluminum isn't bad but I don't want something as gaudy as neon pink.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thinkpads for life! I think I need to get a thinkpad tattoo, it'll just be a black square. I don't own one at this point but I had a T41 for years and it was the perfect size. The finish never got scratched or very smudged even with constant use.