Options

Websites for a Helpdesk Operator if stuck

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if you's use any Technical Websites if you are stuck and you can not solve a problem over the phone & email if you work on a Help desk.

So could anyone shed any light to any Websites out there?

Comments

• Options
    halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    reddit.com/r/24hoursupport

reddit.com/r/sysadmin

reddit.com/r/networking
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly Google for me... I don't really use anything else. Most of the time you should be able to find all the answers through Google.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Google. We are computer experts because we know when and how to use it. It is what separates a tech from a standard user.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another vote for Google
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If access to the machine would help, join.me is free.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nkillgore wrote: »
    If access to the machine would help, join.me is free.

Teamviewer also, and if you're company has webex acct.

I also have used the trial version of Logmein Rescue...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    rensationalrensational Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I definitely use search engines, i.e. Google. At one job I had, though, networkoverload.com came in handy multiple times. I don't need it at my current job, really, but where I worked before if I had users who had Macs and had network connectivity issues, or who used email software programs I wasn't familiar with and had email issues, it was very helpful. I kept that site open in a tab every day.

You also have to use your co-workers.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depending on the issue, I will use Google or Technet. We also maintain a wiki, with detailed notes regarding previous issues.
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Google, Experts-Exchange