Options

Passed ICND1

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
I scored a 912 and finished with 45 minutes remaining.

Describe the Operation of Data Networks: 71%
Switching: 100%
IP Addressing: 83%
Routing: 93%
Wireless: 100%
Security: 100%
WANs: 60%

I commented on a couple of questions that I felt were no good. Trying not to reveal too much (NDA and all), one was a wireless question that I thought had no correct answer, but the rest of the answers were so wrong that I managed to pick the right one by process of elimination. Apparently, Cisco is taking more of a world view [as opposed to Odom and Lammle who if I remember correctly based their Wireless Chapters on US Standards]. Glad they didn't ask about 802.11j or 802.11y - neither of which I'd heard of before checking Wikipedia after my exam - or I definitely would have got it wrong.

List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other was a Simlet and one question asked what was needed to be fixed a certain problem. But, all the commands I would normally have used (sh cdp neigh detail and/or sh ip route) were unavailable. If there was another way to find the IP Address and Subnet Mask used on the other end of a link [to rule out an Addressing/Subnetting problem,] I don't know what it is.
R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!:) on to ICND2?
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!:) on to ICND2?

ICND2 and then probably ICOMM (CCNA: Voice)
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice Work!!!icon_cheers.gif
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! Good luck on the ICND2!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! icon_cheers.gif

I take this exam this Friday and I am terrified lol. I have terrible test anxiety.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.