Options

ICND1 Passed

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all,

Gave this exam a shot today and passed with 887/1000. Overall, I thought the exam was pretty decent with no surprises. My preparation of study was almost 2 months with an emphasis on learning subnetting and the Cisco iOS which I have no prior experience with. .

My main source of study was the Todd Lammle book (I skimmed the chapters on Wireless and Security) which I believe is enough to pass. However, the humor was kind of annoying; what is kind of funny though when I was learning the subnetting stuff he (the author) kept referring to subnetting as 'easy' and 'you can do it in your head' sort of stuff which I was just like "har har, whatever". Turns out, he's actually right ... leading up to the test and during it I did all the subnetting questions in my head. I also used the Cisco academy practice test which I believe is harder then the actual exam.

I plan to complete the ICND2 hopefully by sometime in late July or early August.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I used the Boson NetSim software to practice the commands. Definitely know your show commands for this exam!

Comments

• Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats! Good luck with ICND2!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your ICND2!!icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Wish you all the best on the ICND 1. I'm slowly counting my days to ICND 1...10 days..im psyched!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Good Luck with the the ICND2!!!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I have a silly question, is the Cisco academy practice test that you took the same as the practice tests on the Cisco site? (Its under learning home on the Cisco site, I paid 50 bucks for it) I'm so nervous to do the test on Friday...Currently I pass that practice test with 80-90% but I'm afraid that I may have memorized the questions and answers. Thanks for any response to this!!!
  • Options
    Rodzilla GRodzilla G Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass.
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the support!
    Congrats! I have a silly question, is the Cisco academy practice test that you took the same as the practice tests on the Cisco site? (Its under learning home on the Cisco site, I paid 50 bucks for it) I'm so nervous to do the test on Friday...Currently I pass that practice test with 80-90% but I'm afraid that I may have memorized the questions and answers. Thanks for any response to this!!!

Good luck! Yes, that is the same exact practice test as I used. If you're not sure how you stand, take the 34 question one from this site along with the subnetting practice exam. Before I went and took the real test I scored 80% on the one here and 90% on the subnetting one. The questions I missed; weren't by much and I felt comfortable with the concept (it was more like one of those 'oh yeah' reactions).
  • Options
    shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote: »
    Thank you all for the support!

Good luck! Yes, that is the same exact practice test as I used. If you're not sure how you stand, take the 34 question one from this site along with the subnetting practice exam. Before I went and took the real test I scored 80% on the one here and 90% on the subnetting one. The questions I missed; weren't by much and I felt comfortable with the concept (it was more like one of those 'oh yeah' reactions).

Yeah, that's the main reaction I've had to what I have missed it's like oh man...I didn't read it right :/ lol I am freaking out about it. I'm sure it will be ok. I did the same with the CEH and passed with a 93%, I'm just hoping its not that I'm unprepared but more that I'm scared lol. Thanks for the response!
  • Options
    FlawsFlaws Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I'm writing my test in two weeks and I'm so stressed out. Is the cisco practice exams a real representation of what the exam is like?

I've watched CBT nuggets multple times now, reading the "interconnecting-cisco-network-devices-part-1-icnd1-ccna-exam-640-802-and-icnd1-exam-640-822-2nd-edition.9781587054624.30279" and spend hours on packet tracer. Hopefully this will be enough to pass the exam without any experience.

Can you guys please advise on any free material to practice exams on, actual simulators etc. I have no idea what to expect from the simulators in the test.