Options

ICND2 - didn't make it

JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
Looks like I'll be re-scheduling for second attempt at this one!

Config, verify, tshoot switch with vlan - 80%
Implement ip addressing etc - 100%
Config and tshoot basic operation and routing - 40% icon_redface.gif
Implement , verify and tshoot NAT and ACL - 83%
Implement and veirfy WAN - 83%

Got an 804, need 825 or better.

No idea how I scored that bad in the most basic area out of the 5, but now that I know what to expect I am going to hit specific areas harder!
2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're pretty much there. What resources did you use?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Wow, that's too bad.
    You'll get it next time.
    You just haven't passed YET.
  • Options
    I think I didn't lab enough, and that should do it.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ALMOST THERE! you got this with a some more elbow grease.

Secondly, thank you for not cheating. I just did a check a few months ago, of the 20 network people I know ALL of them cheated. Nice to know there is at least one honest person out there.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Good luck for your retry icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    You'll get it next time for sure! icon_thumright.gif
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    I labbed all saturday/sunday and was supposed to take the test again this morning before work. Test center had an issue with their software, after wating for 45 minutes they finally let me in the room to start the test, only to find out that it wouldn't start. Out of four computers, only one was setup for pearson vue...

Test center opened a case with prometric and I'll need to re-schedule once their ticket updates in the system. I just checked on pearsonvue site and it still shows "Ready for Delivery".
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You did well in the difficult parts. I'm sure you'll pass the test.

What did you do to get the high percentages for NAT/ACL and WAN?
    I've been trying to get those two up for the longest.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Hey there, that score is super close to the passing score and as someone that got a very similar score (81icon_cool.gif I know how it feels to be that close, I want this CCNA so badly and am putting in a ton of energy and time into doing it, I am really at the point where I am shelving any hobbies like games in order to focus on only this.

Like another poster just mentioned, you did very well on the ACL and WAN portions which I have not done consistently well on myself and which are fairly difficult concepts to get.

Keep studying and thinking about the stuff even when you are not studying, I found that really helps to establish the ideas in your mind
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    You were really close. It looks like you've got the right mind state to finish. People underestimate how difficult the CCNA exam really is. It's entry-level, but its very broad material. Good luck on your next attempt. The key to passing is to not get discouraged on a failed attempt. I've had this happen to me in the past and I'd be so upset I'd take a 6 month layoff between testing.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JeanM, you got very close to making it over the bar. Were there any particular concepts (e.g. EIGRP configuration, subnetting, Ip6) that kept you from getting the extra points you needed? Several years ago when I first took the CCNA, I was under a false impression of how framing worked at layer 2, so every question relating to it was an automatic wrong answer.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! So far out of the 6 exams I've taken over the years this is first time I've failed one, but hey, just means I needed to prepare for it better.

As far as studying, I've read the ICND2 cert guide cover to cover and highlighted all the areas I thought were important. I then read the 31 days before ccna exam guide by cisco , took notes and also labbed as many concepts as possible in both packet tracer and on my physical lab. I've found that some areas didn't quite work in packet tracer, or commands weren't allowed vs. doing the same on the physical hardware.

I have a white board in my room that I used to make notes of areas that aren't easy to remember right away, and also to just draw various lab scenarios before putting them into pt or physical lab.

NAT/FR//VPN/IPV6 I found the most time consuming in my personal experience out of all ICND2 areas, so I am going to lab these some more. Cisco press released a 3rd edition of ccna routing and switching portable command guide this month, I found it also helpful for a quick "how do I" type of questions.
  • Options
    Pearson Vue contacted me today, re-scheduled for next available spot on the 3rd.