Options

IBM systems support interview (what to expect?)

BasedBased Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a interview with IBM this week for a systems support representative job and idk what to expect, if anyone has experience will it be technical or just behavioral? Im a IT major and this will be my first attempt at a IT related job and i feel like im probably going to be unprepared if it gets too technical but if its behavioral i feel good about it

Heres the description:
IBM is seeking a part-time Systems Support Representative with primary responsibilities for installation and setup of IBM products in a high volume environment. Minimum of 6 months’ work experience providing Windows “Wintel” or Apple PC platform support in business environment performing client-facing deskside support activities. CompTIA, A+ or similar training certification suggested, not required.

Basic knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals that connect to them.

Products that will be supported include POS, Intel workstations, server and printers. Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications is required. Ideal candidate shall have reliable transportation and ability to pass background check. Strong communication skills, along with the ability to provide excellent customer service will be critical in this role. The ability to be a self starter as well as a team player is needed along with a desire to positively manage the challenges of the ever changing IT environment.

Role will involve working various shifts and weekends, therefore candidate should be flexible in work schedule and have reliable transportation.