Options

My CCNP Route thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    aia87aia87 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! tshoot should be piece of cake

I'm curious what materials you used for route and switch exams ?

thx
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    @Aia - For Route, I read the OCG (Waste of time - horrible book), FLG (good book - enough to pass with), and the Route Simplified book (EXCELLENT book - enough to pass and get your feet wet in CCIE concepts). I used some notes off ccnpguide.com and flash cards. I also used GNS3, my home lab, and the 101 CCNP Labs book for labbing it up. I probably overstudied quite a bit but I felt like overcompensating. I get to configure BGP, EIGRP, some OSPF and PBR in my day-to-day life at work but IPv6 and advanced BGP and OSPF was new to me so going into it, I was a bit more nervous

For Switch, I read OCG and FLG. Both were great and either one could get you through the test. Didn't need much labbing for this one because I had touched most of the Switch technology in my day-to-day life.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    aia87aia87 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that's great, I already passed route using OCG and FLG with INE videos didn't use route simplified book
    really didn't hear about it before I join this forums but it seems it's an EXCELLENT book :) think I'll get it and read it when I can (maybe before tshoot exam)

I'm preparing for switch right now and thankfully I'm using the same materials you refereed to .OCG and FLG with INE videos (when I know that I'm using the same materials someone else used and passed it gives me some confidence :) )
    might be ready to take the exam 2-3 weeks from now

I'll keep following this thread to see how you gonna get through tshoot exam (which isn't as difficult as route and switch )

congrats again
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Iris!!! Best of luck on TSHOOT! Thanks for sharing your well-documented experience with the rest of us!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I know you've been at this a while, but the hard work is paying off.
  • Options
    TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Congratulations, Iris. I'm sure you're excited to finally be one step away from the CCNP finish line.

About the flashcards you used, did you buy the ones off of ccnpguide.com or make your own?
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats! When is TSHOOT?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Congratulations. :) I need to get back on the ball. My problem with ROUTE is that there have been times where I had to halt my reading due to other things going on and then re-reading the same material was really boring. Just bought the ROUTE Simplified book, hoping to enjoy it. I get EIGRP and some BGP experience, but nothing advanced and zero v6 and OSPF in my job.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!! Good luck with TSHOOT.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Iristheangel - congratulations! You can make CCNP in time to relax over the X-mas season icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Congratulations. My advice for TSHOOT is to take it soon. I took it 2 weeks after passing switch.
  • Options
    Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! 2 down one to go
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats on the pass! When do you plan on taking TSHOOT?

I'm a couple months away from attempting ROUTE. Took a break from studying and knocked out the CCDA to get it out of the way.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm probably going to take TSHOOT by the end of the month. I've been studying the book (TSHOOT Simplified) and already through 150 pages of the book. Pretty simple stuff. That way I can at least meet the "Get the CCNP" goal by the end of this year.

Edit: Just scheduled it for December 28th. Going to study my butt off until then and get my CCNP before 2014!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After waiting 30 minutes for someone to show up and the testing center guy forgetting his password to login to the machine, I finally took the test. It was a pretty difficult but fair test. I totally failed one of the sims. I had a brainfart and completely had the answer on the edge of my brain but after 10 minutes of staring at the screen and testing various commands, I moved on. I ended up passing with a 906 which isn't bad considered I full on skipped one of the sims!

Nice to see some resolution to 8 months of studying. One more exam and I'm a CCNP...

I wonder if you got hung up on the same sim I did. Anyway, fantastic news! Glad you passed. You should be a full NP very soon!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi