Options

Technical Interview inspiration

mdominomdomino Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've got a technical interview tomorrow afternoon for a NOC position in NOVA. I just passed the CCNA a month back so that is pretty fresh in my head. I've told them the truth on my resume that I have some experience configuring switches, routers and troubleshooting desktop issues. I'm wondering if you guys can give me any ideas on what to expect/brush up on beforehand. I've attached a version of the job description if anyone has any ideas.

And do these technical interviews have the normal "name a time you've experienced problems at work" questions as well, usually?

Thanks!

• Troubleshoot and resolve customer and upstream provider routing issues in a timely and efficient manner through the utilization of various networking analysis tools and US Courts systems.
• Provide support for a complex network environment including problem solving, ability to take ownership of unfamiliar tasks and problems and see through to completion.
• Coordinate and fulfill all new customer turn ups including configuration, routing updates and other network implementations such as BGP routing, filter list application, routing protocol conversions, etc.
• Coordinate and fulfill all change management requests from customers including configuration changes, routing updates and other network changes such as BGP route additions, filter list changes, routing protocol conversions, etc.
• Investigate customer concerns and resolve configuration issues across a variety of US Courts service offerings.
• Act as escalation point for issues escalated from the Tier I NOC Support Engineering team. The NOC Technician also providers mentoring, training and coaching to Tier 1 NOC technicians.
• Utilize the HEAT trouble ticketing system to track ongoing reports and service requests through to completion

Comments

• Options
    Did some searching on my own and figured I would post the results here for anyone else who may run across this thread.

This site has a ton of different categories in the tree on the left. They may not be the specific questions you will hear but they will get your head in the right place.
    Networks Security Interview Questions and Answers
  • Options
    Welp, interview down and everything went easier than expected. Just in case you guys ever search and come up on this bad boy in the gold mine, here is what he asked:

A user cannot access a resource on the network. How do you troubleshoot and find the problem?

A user can access a resource but their access is slow or spotty, how would you troubleshoot this?

Overall it was pretty basic stuff and it seemed like they just wanted to assess CCNA level knowledge of troubleshooting and network theory.

Guess I'm done talking to myself in this thread.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Hopefully you get the job!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just so happen to remember you didn't want to get a job in NOVA. Did you change your thoughts on this?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Still would like to make it to the south eventually, but I have to go where the jobs are! And hey, maybe I can learn to love it up there :p

Thanks for your great memory, hah.