Options

CCENT exam...Can you hit the back button?

craigc84craigc84 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

So I think I read or heard somewhere that you cant hit the back button on the exams. But I did the practice exam from the Cisco website yesterday and it did allow you to go back....

I didnt do as well as I hoped on the Practice, I Failed with 70% although it didnt allow me to answer 3 of the questions, So maybe if I answered them it would bump up the mark a little not that 3 questions out of 60 odd is going to help all that much. The annoying thing is when I hit the grade exam button I felt happy with most of my answers and was expecting a 85-90 grade.

My actual exam is in 10 days but not really sure where I need to brush up because I really feel I know most things but the result says otherwise...

Im just going to do some more labs and really practice subnetting over the next week or so

Oh well Ill keep at it and cross my fingers on exam day.

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No. You cannot go back. It has been like this for as long as I knew the Cisco exams were out. Just be prepared and answer the questions the best you can.
  • Options
    Bose4meBose4me Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Two months ago when I passed CCENT exam there wasn't a back button during the exam session. Only button I saw was a right arrow in the bottom right corner.

If you can, purchase a practice exam from boson netsim. It really helped me out when I wasn't 100% sure and even comes with a pass guarantee.
  • Options
    craigc84craigc84 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cool thanks for the info guys. I thought the practice exam I purchased from Cisco would be the more like the actual exam than the other practice exams out there. Guess I was wrong
  • Options
    shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bigdogz wrote: »
    No. You cannot go back. It has been like this for as long as I knew the Cisco exams were out. Just be prepared and answer the questions the best you can.

Well that certainly sucks. So if you miss a question it doesn't allow you to go back and fix it either?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Nope, can't go back and fix anything. Once you hit next that's it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nope, can't go back and fix anything. Once you hit next that's it.

I'll be careful then. Thanks for the heads up...I take this test tomorrow.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll be careful then. Thanks for the heads up...I take this test tomorrow.
    It's not a big deal. You just have to remember not to spend an inordinate time on any one question. If you can subnet quickly, and you lab enough to know the basic commands without using "?", those won't be big time drains. Thus, you will just have to remember "If I don't know the answer, do my best, and move on!" Don't stare at a question you don't know for three minutes.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, it's not that big of an issue. Don't get hung up on it. You may want to run your practice questions the same way as the exam to get used to the mentality.

Good Luck!