Options

Older A+ Books

FujimotoFujimoto Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I'm trying to find a study guide for the A+ 801 and 802 exams, and I'm at a crossroads. Everyone is recommending the All-in-One by Mike Meyers, but I noticed that it's older and I was wondering if that makes a difference? I don't wanna get something outdated and waste my money. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AHarrisonAHarrison Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Mike Meyers book is a good recommendation. The book was released around August 2012 and is current concerning exam objectives. Make sure you get the 801/802 version as there previous book versions for previous exam version.

Watch some free videos online from Professor Messer, as a second source always helps and breaks away from any possible monotony from a single source. Take a look at hardware specifications for different components on Newegg to help connect dots that you're studying.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you gone to the CompTIA website and downloaded a copy of the objectives? Those are free and generally the first step for those seeking out any CompTIA certification.

I second the Mike Meyers Text as well as possibly the Sybex as a second text.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    FujimotoFujimoto Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses and advice, I haven't been to the comptia site yet. I honestly didn't know they had any free resources available. I'll most definitely check them out tonight. I was just worried about windows 8 being new and if that would make a difference in the study materials. But you guys have reassured me. Thanks.