IPv6 Addresses - Big part of ICND2?

silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
Hi guys,
I'm just looking to get some feedback from the folks who have taken ICND2 - what IPv6 addresses did you study before taking the exam? I've been doing practice questions and I'm constantly thrown by questions asking random IPv6 addresses - is this realistic with regards to the actual exam?

My original study plan included what I deduced to be the four basic addresses: global (2000::/3), site (FEC0::/10), link-local (FE80::/10) and multicast (FF00::/icon_cool.gif. Do you guys think I should include more than this? If so, is there a good all-inclusive resource for these addresses?

Thanks!
Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
Working on: MCITP:SA
Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    silverp1 wrote: »
    My original study plan included what I deduced to be the four basic addresses: global (2000::/3), site (FEC0::/10), link-local (FE80::/10) and multicast (FF00::/icon_cool.gif. Do you guys think I should include more than this?
    That's pretty good, provided you understand address formatting, so you can identify a valid or invalid address. I'd also be familiar with which address classes IPv6 adds and which address class it removes. I'd also know some common specific IPv6 addresses. And, of course, you should be able to explain why each of these things actually matter.

I like asking IPv6 questions in interviews to see who's keeping up-to-date. :)