Options

COMPLETELY STUCK...current CCENT or new CCNA after changes??

DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm half way into studying for the current CCENT and am using CBT Nuggets and ICND 1 followed by ICND2 Third Edition by Wendell Odom but I don't know if I have enough time to finish and pass the current CCENT before the changes take place in September...what do you guys think I should do? Do you think it's a good idea to just continue studying past September and just take the full blown CCNA exam and if so, I know the ICND1 and ICND2 is changing in September but is the CCNA exam changing as well because if so, would that mean I'd have to get new study books and material for it???? Thank you so much for your feedback guys

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You definitely have enough time to sit the CCENT before September if you choose to do so. If you're half way through it, I would continue and schedule the exam for Aug 1st'ish- then if you fail Aug 15th'ish.
  • Options
    widget101widget101 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, the CCNA exam is also beefing up. Both exams are becoming more difficult from what I understand. I haven't taken any Cisco tests yet, so unfortunately I can't offer much in the way of advice of how relevant your current CCNA book would be for the newer curriculum. There are many people here who have taken the exams--I'm sure someone else can chime in with some more helpful advice.
  • Options
    nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in a similar boat but i'm much closer to the beginning of studying for ICND1 640-822. If you can commit to 1hr a day for 5days a week it shouldn't take you more than 1-2 months from where you're at. Just keep on the program! You've got a full 3 months until the deadline.
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're really invested into taking ICND 1--so much so that you feel you're ready to consider scheduling the exam--then you really don't have anything to lose by sitting it. If you feel like your other duties and responsibilities in life won't prevent you from being able to put the necessary time in between now and September, I would absolutely shoot for getting this one out of the way while you still can. As you said yourself, you're already halfway through it.