Options

Passed CCNA!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed my second Cisco exam this morning and got my CCNA certification!! My score was an 850 on the exam and what a great feeling. The end of a six month journey that I started back in January. I probably could have taken it sooner but I wanted to make sure I understood the material.

Books/resources:
CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide 7th edition by Todd Lammle
CBT Nuggets by Jeremy Cioara
INE videos (somewhat dry but informative)
TechExams TechNotes
Exam Cram- Third Edition
College hands-on experience with routers/switches

I'm not sure what is next moving forward I'm thinking about Linux/Server Virtualization and will start in the near future but I'm taking the rest of the summer off to enjoy some rest and relaxation with family and friends for now. I'll be celebrating by drinking and playing Last of Us!! icon_thumright.gif

I'll be starting my BS:IT Security at WGU this Fall if everything goes according to plan.
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

edit -- do yourself a favor and pick up the Sam Adams IPA Hopology variety pack
  • Options
    jamthat wrote: »
    Congrats!!

edit -- do yourself a favor and pick up the Sam Adams IPA Hopology variety pack

Thanks that's a good idea!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! and enjoy your summer :D
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    treehousetreehouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I've got mine in about a week. Enjoy your break! I'm doing the same (beer, gaming - although I don't have a PS3 so it'll be Company of Heroes 2 for me) after my pass.
    2015 GOALS

VCP [ ] VCP5-DT
  • Options
    PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass that's awesome!icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

The Last of Us, nice choice.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Mr. Donkey Kong! I wish I had a Donkey Kong icon too that why is reaffirms the congrats! icon_wink.gif
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! May you be able to apply all you learned on the job. :)
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats! youve earned it!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice work, congratulations!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!

The Last of Us, nice choice.

Yeah I've been wanting to play it since I picked it up on release date but I didn't want to be distracted till after I took the exam. icon_lol.gif

• Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You got an 850? What's the minimum passing score on it now?
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cat5 wrote: »
    Congrats! You got an 850? What's the minimum passing score on it now?
    825 I believe, and congrats!
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    As you would say:
    Congrats on pass!

In between gaming sessions, I'd advise a look at Network Warrior. Also, please consider the Network Administrator's Survival Guide (cisco press).

:D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You totally falcon-punched the CCNA.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    You totally falcon-punched the CCNA.

Hyper combo finish!! :)

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICND1+ICND2=C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo breaker
  • Options
    juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Must be an awesome feeling!
  • Options
    juicyjay36 wrote: »
    Congrats! Must be an awesome feeling!

Yep it sure is!! icon_cool.gif

• Options
    Thanks everyone!! It was definitely the toughest certification I have pursued thus far. icon_cool.gif

• Options
    t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! hardwork and dedication paid offf! Now go hunt for a raise!icon_thumright.gif
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • Options
    t5yll4 wrote: »
    Congrats bro! hardwork and dedication paid offf! Now go hunt for a raise!icon_thumright.gif

That's the plan!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    shabeermshabeerm Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    For CCNA / CCNP notes visit my blog http://sysnetnotes.blogspot.in/
  • Options
    instant000 wrote: »
    As you would say:

In between gaming sessions, I'd advise a look at Network Warrior. Also, please consider the Network Administrator's Survival Guide (cisco press).

:D

Cool I'll check them out!! :)