Options

CCNA (Version 1)

wilcochriswilcochris Banned Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

This coming Wednesday I am taking 640-802. After doing the 4 Cisco modules at school over 2 years and a CCNA bootcamp course this last week, I have decided to bite the bullet and take 640-802

Just wondering if you had any words of advice. I am nervous and worried about it. I am mostly worried about the testlets and the sims.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    mendysuemendysue Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, although I'm not taking the exam till next Wednesday, July 3rd. I just feel a lot of pressure to pass on my first attempt (hey got to make the most of that voucher!)
  • Options
    Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When doing the sims... write down your steps on the laminate they give you... this way you know for sure you are putting in the right commands.
    Take your time and think through the questions... they can be a little tricky...
    Watch the clock/timer... for some people they finish in 30 min... others fail the test by exceeding the time.

Get a good nights rest, be confident and you will do fine.

On the Sims... make sure you check to see if there are multiple questions for the sim... had a buddy of mine answer 1 question in a sim when there were multiple... for some reason...nerves maybe he didn't pay attention and lost the points.

Lastly... there is no "back" button... when you submit and answer... that is it... no going back to change things up.

Best of luck.
    Hatch
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Further to what Hatch1921 has mentioned, some tips

1) make sure you read the entire question and all the answers (in multi-choice/select) maybe twice at least before answering the question.

2) For questions that you instantly know the answer to and are confident it is correct, select it and move on... the clock adds pressure so geting through easier questions faster will give you more time for the simlet etc. style because you never know when they are going to pop up!

3) Make sure you can subnet and reverse engineer an addressing scheme FAST!!! again this gives you more time up your sleeve for the more in depth simlet etc. style questions. 90 mins can come and go pretty quickly in a test environment!
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Subnetting, subnetting, subnetting!

Also, don't leave any easy points on the table by making a speedy choice. 90 minutes is more time than you realize to sit the exam, so don't panic over the clock unless you actually start struggling to get through the material.
  • Options
    wilcochriswilcochris Banned Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your input. I intend to make sure I sleep well, have a full belly and just go with my instincts