Options

Fall 2013 VMware classes at Stanly Comm. College

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NavyIT wrote: »
    Will this class count as the required training needed to take VMWare certs?

Yes it most certainly will, that's why there is a lot of hype around it for such a great price.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    NavyIT wrote: »
    Will this class count as the required training needed to take VMWare certs?

Sure will. I took and passed the VCP5 test on the same weekend that the class ended. On that Monday, everything sync'd up WRT requirements and I was awarded the designation shortly thereafter.
  • Options
    rob3bbrob3bb Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    got my email with Moodle name and password.
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    HI stanley_CC.

Tried signing up for the January as I only just saw this thread and obviously it is full for August. However, Being that I am in Australia, I see the option for Australia on the Waitlist, but not a State option for "Other" or "Outside" and I can't move on until I select one.

Thanks.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm in Ireland and I just selected the first option so I don't think it matters.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    santo_2ksanto_2k Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am trying to login with the creds and unable to login to the website as today is the 1st day of the class , does anyone else having this issue ?
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    santo_2k wrote: »
    I am trying to login with the creds and unable to login to the website as today is the 1st day of the class , does anyone else having this issue ?

If you've been on WebAdvisor to pay your bill or something, and have changed your password there, that is also your password for MOODLE.
  • Options
    Was able to logon and complete lab 1. My only issue was Chrome not able to connect to labs. I switched to FireFox everything works perfect
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    I am not having problems with Chrome connecting to Labs, I did the first three labs using Chrome. When the site asks about Java runtime, I selected run always for this site. Then I checked box for running without asking me from that publisher (stanley netlab). Only issue is that the jnlp download that occurs for each lab to view a system or whatnot, it downloads as a file then you have to execute it, but more secure that way.
    rob3bb wrote: »
    Was able to logon and complete lab 1. My only issue was Chrome not able to connect to labs. I switched to FireFox everything works perfect
  • Options
    terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□

Was lab1 really slow for you? Like 45 minutes to install the vsphere client slow? Not sure if it was just the pod I was on or not.
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    terryfera wrote: »
    Was lab1 really slow for you? Like 45 minutes to install the vsphere client slow? Not sure if it was just the pod I was on or not.

Yea, I had the same issue too. I was just watching the game on TV and sure did take a long time. Normal practices..would never take that long.
  • Options
    yes the labs are very very slow be sure to schedule extra time
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    So I officially made Alabama a State of Australia Yesterday. Signed up so hopefully it will all work out.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□

Chrome should work. Make sure you have the latest version & also make sure your Java is up to date.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kj0 wrote: »
    So I officially made Alabama a State of Australia Yesterday. Signed up so hopefully it will all work out.

I will let the SCC site administer know. Welcome to Alabama!! Just remember to say, "Roll Tide!"
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Chrome should work. Make sure you have the latest version & also make sure your Java is up to date.
    Chrome is working now. I didn't realize I had to click the java once it's downloaded
  • Options
    jnyiszterjnyiszter Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm having a problem getting or logging into the ESXi2 server. Not getting any response back from the instructor.
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    I will let the SCC site administer know. Welcome to Alabama!! Just remember to say, "Roll Tide!"
    Only if you like the worst school in the state....lol.

WDE!!!
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study: