Options

WGU Start!! Need advice

sanrussanrus Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. Starting WGU on august. I chose BSIT ND&M. WGU transferred 69CU's from my AS Degree and certs. So I have following courses to complete(52CU's):
CUV1 - Web Technologies
BOV1 - Web Programming
FEC1 - Operation Systems
DPC1 - Directory Services
TPV1 - Project Management
EYC1 - Network Design and Management
EHC1 - Configuration Application Infrastructure
BNC1 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
EOC1 - Enterprise Administration
Technical Writing
Capstone Project

I already studied for Profect+ and pretty much ready to pass an exam as soon as I start in august(to save some money). Also I have A month which I will spend preparing for CUV1/BOV1. I also have experiecne in Windows Server 2008, as my AS Degree college program included courses for MCSA but it was not enough to pass microsoft exam. With all that said, is it realistic for me to complete all these courses in one term (I am planning to study hard 25-30 hours a week)? I will really appreciate any advises on course sequence.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Provided you can move through the server courses, you can probably make it. That is a full load.

For the Project+, memorize the formulas, that will help a lot.

BNC1 can be done in a week or so, basically read through the book and take the exam.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    It looks do able. Here's a hint to speed things up for you, you get access to all the course of study (and the books, if you follow the links in the CoS) for each course at once. Access starts about 2 weeks prior to your official start date, so start working on things then. You can't submit the assignments (tasks) until you officially start, but you can get to work on them early. I turned in 1 and a half courses worth of work on my first day.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I will study hard. Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The AD courses are what slowed me down. I have pretty much the same courelist as you with a few extras. I plan on two terms.
    I knocked out a bunch of courses, but the 70-640 is really making me use up time.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Yeah, I am sure AD will take majority of my time. I know that WGU switched from Microsoft exams to their "in-house" tests. Does that mean the course will be easier? I know that the biggest drawback is that I won't get MCITP with the degree but I think it will be a good experience that will help me get MCSE in future.

BTW how harw were CIW WF and CIW JS and do you know any books that I can read to prepare myself for those courses? I am almost done with project+ and want to keep going.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah I just realized the Network Design and Management track doesn't have you taking all the exams for the MCSA/MCITP Server 2008.
    You should be fine. It is very likely you'll finish in 1 term if you're driven to do so.
  • Options
    Valsacar wrote: »
    It looks do able. Here's a hint to speed things up for you, you get access to all the course of study (and the books, if you follow the links in the CoS) for each course at once. Access starts about 2 weeks prior to your official start date, so start working on things then. You can't submit the assignments (tasks) until you officially start, but you can get to work on them early. I turned in 1 and a half courses worth of work on my first day.

So lets say I feel I can pass Project+. Can I take pre-assessment test before the start of the term and then as soon as the term starts my mentor will allow me to take the actual certification exam?