Options

70-640 failed!

Valor85Valor85 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Failed the 70-640 with a 643 just a few hours ago. AD CS questions really got me. Time to hit the books some more and take more practice tests. I know what I need to improve on and I'm glad I have a free retake since I bought MCSA certification pack from Microsoft. I'll probably take the exam in another 2 weeks or so. I have a few vacation days coming up next week so I'll use those to work on areas I screwed up on.

Good luck to everyone studying out there!

Comments

• Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed Saturday with a 681 and that's my third time taking the test but it's my highest score yet, so I am improving so in two more weeks I'm taking the test again and won't stop until I pass lol. Good luck and pray!
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass this time. AD CS is what got me too.

What are you using to study? I read the Microsoft 70-640 Training Kit and also the Pearson 70-640 Cert Guide. They compliment each other well.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    widget101widget101 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also had trouble with this exam initially. The onslaught of CS questions caught me offguard and I was admittedly underprepared for that section of the exam. The resource thread for the 640 helped out immensely. Just don't get discouraged; it's a lot of information to digest. That Microsoft Press book for the 640 is about twice the size of the books for the 642 and 646.

Good luck to both of you!!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42880-70-640-resources.html

Note: Removed redundant text aka link description.:D
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Sorry to hear about the fail but keep your head up! If you have access, the CBT Nuggets are a great source of learning for this exam. Also, Microsoft lets you download Server 2008 and other OS's for a trial period so I highly recommend setting up a virtual lab environment so you can work through the exam objectives.

Cheers to next time, it will be a pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Peterm44Peterm44 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed the 640 as the CS questions caught me out too, after doing more labs I felt a lot more confident second time round. Labs are the best way to go with CS

Good luck for the resit
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Peterm44 wrote: »
    I failed the 640 as the CS questions caught me out too, after doing more labs I felt a lot more confident second time round. Labs are the best way to go with CS

Good luck for the resit

Did you pass yet?
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's an extremely difficult exam, so don fret. Microsoft Exams in general are written pretty poorly, and can easily confuse. I managed to pass the first time (luckily icon_wink.gif). Just keep going at it, read as much as possible, and if you find yourself stuck on a particular issue, just use the forums here and the internet is always at your disposal. You will pass just keep chipping away!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel the pain im going for my third attempt and I do this stuff everyday as a profession! Just goes to show how difficult it really is. Good luck to you I took a month off and now getting back into it.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I use VMWorkstation 9 and I install Server 2008 with my jobs technet account, let me tell you reading from a book only does justice if you have a lab to apply the teachings too. Plus I used 208 R2 on a daily basis at work so that's another test bed, however I live VM world since you can **** it up all you want.