Options

The time to worry is over: scored a new job!

Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
After two weeks of worrying like mad that I botched my second interview, I got my call - I'm a newly minted home tech support advisor!. I start July 15th and cannot be more excited. This is my first ever tech job and my first job outside of retail in almost 10 years. Now to just enjoy the next three weeks until I start!
"If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
"Great things have small beginnings."

Comments

• Options
    ph1x10nph1x10n Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! posts like yours give me hope that I'm not forever stuck in an industry I no longer enjoy!
    Good luck in the new job and enjoy it :D
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats & good luck! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ph1x10n wrote: »
    Congrats man! posts like yours give me hope that I'm not forever stuck in an industry I no longer enjoy!
    Good luck in the new job and enjoy it :D

All it takes is hard work. I know my certs, even though still at entry level to some respects, have helped a bunch. And the retail side helped too. It's no good to have all of that technical knowledge if you can't work on people at the same time. Almost ten years of retail experience have taught me a lot about the people side that you just can't learn in a book or a class. I'm really excited for this and can't wait!

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on new job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats, you earned it!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the gig!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck with the new gig. icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch guys, I wouldn't have gotten this far had I not been motivated here.

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man, this is only the beginning of great things, I too went from retail to IT nearly 10 years ago so I know the feeling icon_smile.gif
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None