Options

Any final tips before ccent tomorrow?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Any final tips before ccent tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    review all the show commands you came across in your CCENT books. If you have limited experience working with cisco hardware, you'll need it.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    A bunch of them for you:

Read slowly
    If you accidentally click forward, you can't go back to the old question
    Eliminate the stupid answers
    Bring some type of peppermint candy - it keeps your body from distracting you with hunger pains
    You will run into basic sims and they will eat your time
    Wear sound reducing headphones if they are offered
    Ask for at least two of those erasable boards - one for jotting down thoughts (don't waste time re-remembering) and one for working on for items such as subnetting.

Hope this helps

Obdurate
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Will the ? and tab work?
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I was also a bit nervous when I first got in there. Read through the entire exam tutorial slowly. I found my nerves were gone before I started the actual exam.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take your time and read the questions carefully as you can't go back. I would also review over your notes before the exam and any commands too. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Will the ? and tab work?
    Yes, but if you need to use '?' to configure RIP or check the IP addresses on your interfaces, you are going to be slow, and probably lose on time. They want you to be proficient in the most basic router/switch commands.