Options

Linux+ and WGU

otakuotaku Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, I was not sure where to post this. I am finishing up my 1st term at WGU. I am in the Security track. I am looking at adding Linux+ for my studies next term. I consider myself a 2.5 on a scale of 1-5 for Linux. I know some commands from the shell and what not. I use Ubuntu as my main distro at home. If anyone has taken the Linux+ through WGU what are your thoughts; is it enough to pass? I recently purchased the Linux Bible by Chris Negus and I am very pleased with what I am learning thus far. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I have LPIC-1 (which Linux+ is mirrored with now) and found it pretty easy. Like you, I use Ubuntu as my main workhorse at home but would say I'm above average. You'll probably have to study a bit on RPM and Yum to pass the test, Ubuntu (being Debian based) is slightly different when it comes to package management. The LPIC-1 (Linux+) expects you to know both.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    otakuotaku Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Valsacar Thanks for the information. I am going to go ahead and add this to my curriculum this term. Thanks again.