Options

Prometric

RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
can leck meine Eier!

My firm has decided a few of us Engineers should pick up some MS certs for partnership etc. I am sitting one tomorrow, originally scheduled it for Saturday but the material is cake so I went to reschedule, $35 fee..wtf?

Another reason to hate Microsoft. icon_twisted.gif
Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    They held that spot for you. HOW DARE YOU ATTEMPT TO RESCHEDULE ON SHORT NOTICE!! Nah, they pulled that crap with me on a free exam I had scheduled so I just skipped it. I hate to do that, but I am not paying 35 bucks to reschedule a free exam.
  • Options
    First time taking a MS test so I had no clue, I am use to moving exams as I see fit for get this, FREE

#$@! MS and Prometric

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, they would have charged you $35.00 to cancel it as well. lol
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This has been going on for almost two years now.
    Q: Why is Prometric implementing rescheduling and cancellation fees?

A: Prometric's goal is to provide Microsoft candidates with the right test at the right time and in a location that is convenient for them. As such, Prometric strives to provide each and every Microsoft candidate with a comprehensive selection of dates, times and locations that make it straightforward, secure and convenient for them to test. It is also our goal to provide candidates with the ability to make bookings as much as three months in advance allowing Microsoft candidates maximum flexibility in order to train, prepare, and practice for their exam.

When a Microsoft candidate schedules an exam with Prometric at a particular time and location, that seat is fully reserved for that candidate and is not available for other Microsoft candidates. At the time of reservation, that specific time and date is taken out of the scheduling and registration system; so, by cancelling or rescheduling at short notice, other Microsoft candidates are deprived from being able to use that time and seat.

Therefore effective July 15th 2011, Prometric will implement cancellation and rescheduling fees for Microsoft candidates that cancel or reschedule their testing appointment with less than a 15-day notice. (For a list of applicable fees by country, visit http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/reschedulecancellationpolicy.htm)
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Man I have rescheduled(chickened out) a lot through Pearson Vue lol....
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST
    Vue does the same if you do it in short notice. I rescheduled a cisco exam too late once and got hit with the $35 fee.
  • Options

I rescheduled a Cisco test twice last month 48 hours before and never got hit with a fee.
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Vue does the same if you do it in short notice. I rescheduled a cisco exam too late once and got hit with the $35 fee.

I have NEVER seen that, I have rescheduled Cisco exams quite a few times and as long as you do it 24hrs in advance, no fee.

Passed this MS exam today..unbelievably easy.

• Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    This has been going on for almost two years now.

They make it sound like the seat in the testing center is as in-demand as a seat on a connecting flight from NY to PHL...
  • Options

I think since rescheduling is online and easy they saw the number of reschedules and thought the fee was a money making opportunity but also might encourage people to take tests when they should and maybe fail more lol.
  • Options
    Z3-Masterd wrote: »
    They make it sound like the seat in the testing center is as in-demand as a seat on a connecting flight from NY to PHL...

Considering the place I tested at looked like hell, I can only guess they need the money. lol

• Options
    My testing center is fairly crap as well.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    can leck meine Eier!:

That made me smile haha.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't disagree with the policy, it makes sense. But 15 days seems a bit severe. I typically only schedule tests 2-3 weeks out, and I've done some with just a couple days of notice. Hard to know if you'll be ready for a test when you still have 15 days of study left. I'd completely support this if it was 24 or 48 hours or something.
    Decide what to be and go be it.