Options

network technician position job offer

geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
Hi guys,
I recently filled out an application for "Yokogowa" the other day they were offering from what it seems like an entry level network technician position. Well today I receive a email which states they got my application and what not and if I was still interested, give her a reply back. I go for the Interview in a week. Since I'm rusty in the network aspect of the field I feel I'll need to pick up a network+ plus book and refresh

Here is the job listing below. Does this seem like a entry level gig or a tier 2 position.

http://beta.sologig.com/jobs/beta/J3F0ZC72MZ844QW8TS1?ipath=&siteid=
Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds entry level to me- they mention working with network administrators to "gain experience and knowledge" - which suggests this is a role with a little bit of everything, which is generally not a tier 2/3 position.

That being said if you actually touch the stuff they talk about in the posting it sounds like there's wide exposure to different technologies, so that's good.
  • Options
    What would you guys recommend to freshen up on the material.

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, since the experience says this:

Prior Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in LAN management, end user support, network support, and pc/laptop troubleshooting.

I think I would focus on end user support/PC troubleshooting. Things like- "a user complains they cannot access the internet. what do you do?" and "a user is unable to access a particular folder on a shared drive, what could you check?" - things like that.

Of course it's impossible to know for sure, but based on the requirements I'd venture to bet most (if any) questions will be in that department. Typically positions like these are more interested in your ability to learn and be a team player than what you actually know now. By virtue of it being a more entry-level role, they'll expect you to pick up a lot of new things quickly, so I'd make sure they know you are up to the challenge.
  • Options
    Ok,
    thanks guys ill focus on those aspects and keep you guys informed