Options

BES admin password reset

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I would need some help form you guys if possible. This weekend, my colleague reset the password for the BES admin account. He followed the steps from here: KB13909-How to change the password for the BlackBerry administration account Now we can only login half of the time and for us to login 100% of the time we have to restart the BlackBerry Administration Service-Application Server first and then it works. But 5 minutes later when we try again we can't. Any solutions for this would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry I'm also googling in the mean time!!!

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I am unsure what version of BES you are using, but THIS might help. A reinstall and new password might resolve the problem.
  • Options
    We are using version 5.0.2. About7Narwhal, our password is OK. We rebooted over night and this morning we are still having the same issue. When he try to login with AD account, we get error: The system has encountered an error. Please contact your administrator. When we try to log in with the BlackBerry Administration Service, we get the error that the username or password is wrong.
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Is the password you are using the same one as you use for Active Directory?
  • Options
    Yes we log in using the Active Directory credentials. We also change the password in all the BlackBerry Services.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you log into any other server/computer with the Besadmin account? or do you recieve the same error?

Also Can other Domain accounts log into the BES Server with out issue?
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Check your administration service logs, see if anything leaps out at you from there. It's been a while since I've had to troubleshoot a BES but you made sure to update the AD sync credentials as well, right? Any updates to Java? I know in the past BES was very specific about which version of Java you could use. And finally are you able to login with the BES admin account? Not the AD account. I also have seen one site that suddenly you could not login anymore with IE, you had to use Firefox/Chrome/Opera just anything but IE. Never did find out what had changed there since it was a very low priority issue.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/