Options

Just Landed a new job!

jahazieljahaziel Member Posts: 175 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just scored on a job offer. Got a call from a temp agency to work for a MSP. At first, I was interviewing for a Field Engineer job but it was a far drive but whatever. They noticed it was pretty far and told me about a position for a client near my hometown. Went on the second interview and found out it was actually for my School District! icon_lol.gif:DGot a phone call today saying that they want me and would like me to start July 22. I finally got the opportunity to work for a school district (which was one of my dream jobs). The job is 6 months contract to hire. They are definitely looking to hire after the 6 months. The Job is an 10k increase from my current job with other raise after the contract over for other 5k to 10k increase. Can't wait to start. They support 70 servers (most virtualized with Hyper-V) around 1000 employees and 2000 or more students. They also will be upgrading their servers, and switches and much more currently. The company is all about teaching and letting people grow. Hope everything is how they say so can grow and accomplish a lot through this company. To end this post I must say I'm only 22 and feel like I have accomplished a lot for my short career!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll learn a lot. Are they using Novell NDS like many other districts?
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    Don't think so. From what the CTO told me the school district just scored some microsoft partnership and are upgrading their servers to ms 2012 (i believe), their exchange and pretty much everything lol. The Technical Director of the school district loves technology and tries to bring in everything new right away.
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the job.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Nice! Great job! Sounds like you'll get a lot of experience in some hot technologies (virtualization, Microsoft, etc) and if it's an atypical school district, it will be in a more relaxed work atmosphere. Good luck!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm looking to become into a sponge and absorb everything I can.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"