Options

A+ Certified as of today,

WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thank you guys for all the advice, this site is an absolute goldmine. I had a question on what to pursue next. I'm looking into being a Senior Network Systems Engineer (Dream Job), but I honestly don't know the route to take or what Certs I need. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is the path I have planned: Network+ ----> CCENT ----> CCNA ----> CCNA:Sec ----> CCNP.

See this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/network/90617-network-ccna.html
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your A+ job well done! And the man Ivanjam ^ has it right, I couldn't have said it any better myself, that's a perfect path to take.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the support guys, really appreciate you guys and this site. I'm going after Network+ next!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on getting your certification. I wholeheartedly agree that Network+ is the logical next step. You might like to consider Security+ after Network+. Many companies value employees with security knowledge and the Security+ cert combined with the A+ and Network+ shows a solid foundation to potential employers. Also, the A+, Network+, and Security+ certs build on each other so if you take them in that order, they are progressively easier to master and pass.

Good luck.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    La femme TechqitaLa femme Techqita Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck with Network+ :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    zach.mantlezach.mantle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    This is the path I have planned: Network+ ----> CCENT ----> CCNA ----> CCNA:Sec ----> CCNP.

See this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/network/90617-network-ccna.html

I have a question. Do you plan to study on your own for these exams? Or do you plan to take some classes?
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on pass!!! you have one down and several to go, good luck on your journey icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    @zach.mantle - all self-study - no classes.
    I find out about all the resources I need right here on TE.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Ivanjam wrote: »

Congratulations!!!
    That is a great plan.

You may want to put Security+ in there before CCNA:Security.
    It will help you on the CCNA:Security much like the Network+ will help with the CCNA.

Mine was:
    A+ ----> Net+ ----> Security+ ----> CCENT ----> CCNA ----> CCNA:Voice ----> CCNA:Security ----> CCNP
  • Options
    @SharkDiver - Minus the CCNA:Voice, that is actually the path that I am taking. :)
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass! Another vote for the Net+ then Sec+ and delve into Cisco after that. You'll have all the major players covered for most jobs. If you are interested in servers you might also consider LPIC certs or more specific Red Hat stuff.