Options

JOB OFFER WITH CITI SAN ANTONIO,TX Help

geno1904geno1904 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering how much should I charge per hour. This would be nothing but a night gig while in currently Active Duty Air Force. I have no need for a W2 so I ask about the 1099. A fellow contractor friend told me told me at least $45 per hour. It would be something nice to get while I am on my way of the Air Force April 2014 advice. I have an clearance as well currently working on crypto.

If you want to pursue this opportunity, e-mail me back ASAP! Include a Word version of your resume that I can submit to the client and please indicate the rate you want to be submitted at. THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION but if you have helpdesk, desktop support, NOC, IT Support experience, you are a fit for this role.

Client: Major Financial Institution
Length: 12+ months

Rate is $12-14/hr W2

Experience includes 2+ years familiarity with Information Security, compliance or internal controls function, Customer service request processing such as helpdesk functions as well as an understanding of information technology concepts such as change management. Quick learner and a desire to perform entitlement processing requests for our customers. Position requires someone who can work both independently and as a team player with ability and desire to effectively meet challenges and influence and drive consensus within the team. Competencies: Microsoft Active Directory; Information Security; Basic computer skills; MS Office; MS Access; Time Management skills; Organized; Able to work independently and in large groups; Ability to learn new applications quickly

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think $45 on a 1099 is pretty high especially since it is big and bolded that it is entry level. I've heard people say 1099 is usually around 20% more than a W2 rate but I don't have a lot of experience with the contracting side of things. Will they even do 1099?

Is the text you pasted the only communication from the recruiter? If so that doesn't look like a job offer. Just your run of the mill recruiter wanting to submit your resume.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    1099s should be at least 2x w-2 rates. I often get $75 to $100 per hour as a 1099. $45 sounds fair for the job in question.
  • Options
    halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
    Sorry, But may I know what is 1099?
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    halaakajan wrote: »
    Sorry, But may I know what is 1099?

The IRS 1099 Form is the US equivalent of the CRA T5 Slip. Similarly, the W-2 is equivalent to the T4.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    To the OP:

Looks like a form letter they send out to their "all candidates group" from their spam *ahem* lead generation program.

(I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)