Options

70-685 pass :)

Passed my 685 at long last, after a few attempts :)

Having taken a break from the 685 for about 6 months and had a couple of goes at the 647 in the meantime, this exam was a bit easier to cope with. Knowing more of the server-side stuff helped.

Used Transcenders, Darril Gibson 70-685/686 book and 70-685 MS Press.

This time, having had a break from this exam, took a more practical approach relating to my daily hands-on experience. I have been using Windows 7 quite a lot recently with a lot of new builds of Windows 7 on Pc's that had XP previously. We use WDS to deploy images.

I also think that Microsoft have revised the exam format to make it not necessarily easier but certainly more user-friendly. Maybe those comments you add with the dreaded surveys on microsoft exams are heeded after all. Progess indeed :)

Comments

• Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Congrats on the pass bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Congrats. I have a week off after today that I plan on focusing heavliy on the 685. Maybe next week I will be saying the same thing. Anything that you can suggest for people getting ready to take it?
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Difficult to advise as we all are different.

I found the 685 although more practical and related to day to day experience was more difficult than the 680.
    Transcenders and the Darril Gibson 70-685/686 book helped for me. I'm not a massive fan of the MS books myself as they are so dry but nevertheless have used them as another source of info. It pays to have various information available. i.e. don't rely on one book or resource.
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    ​Congrats!!!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    romevjrromevjr Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! Sounds like you have been doing a lot of testing lately. I see you have your MCDST, did you sit the 70-682 test? I'm studying for it now.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    romevjr wrote: »
    Congrats!!!! Sounds like you have been doing a lot of testing lately. I see you have your MCDST, did you sit the 70-682 test? I'm studying for it now.

I did try the 682 a couple of time but found the second section (685) too difficult on the split test.
    Opted for the 680 / 685 route.
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Really pleased to see you finally got this one!