ICND2 Vanquished [916]

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
First and foremost I want to give a shout to every member of the forum especially wweboy and silverp in the thread about ICND2 notes.

Well after failing ICND2 twice I finally scored a 916 on the test with the following breakdown

Configure, verify , and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and inter switch communications 100%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-sized Enterprise branch office network 100%
Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco Devices 67% (hehe)
Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-sized Enterprise branch office Network 100%
Implement and verify WAN links 83%

I don't have much more to add other than what I wrote in previous posts- make sure you know not only IPv6 but specific IPv6 multicast addresses, make sure you know Frame Relay and OSPF like the back of your hand. OSPF questions on the exam look scary at first but if you know how the protocol works you can tackle them.

Make sure you can know when a port is gonna be a root port, designed port, discarding (in RSTP), and VLAN trunking with router on a stick.

Thanks again for a great forum
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass! Just cleared mine Wednesday after a fail.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Awesome score - good job!
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Thank you kane!!
    WilyOne wrote: »
    Awesome score - good job!

Thanks Wily basically after scoring a 818 the second time (passing is 825) I was just so frustrated that I went in there with the intent to never come back to ICND2 (well you know, sans recertification, etc)
  • t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! Outstanding score!! Time to get paid!!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
    t5yll4 wrote: »
    congrats! Outstanding score!! Time to get paid!!

Thanks t5!!
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! Glad those notes helped! I've been digging through them myself - can't wait for my shot at the ICND2! What's next for you?
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
    silverp1 wrote: »
    Congrats man! Glad those notes helped! I've been digging through them myself - can't wait for my shot at the ICND2! What's next for you?

Hey silverp, thanks man. Those notes were excellent and I went through all 53 pages at least twice.

I am trying to decide on what route to go on next, I have been looking at some Voice-related stuff which looks really interesting but is new to me so I know there will be a learning curve to it, but I am interested in CCNP next. I just need a little time to relax after this one!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with your next cert
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with your next cert

Thank you so much!
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Congrats. Hoping to pass soon myself.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
    krjay wrote: »
    Congrats. Hoping to pass soon myself.

Thanks, and wishing you the best on yours. If you go in there knowing every detail about the exam objectives you will have the confidence to plow through it.
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go! 916 is an awesome score! I'm sitting my exam tomorrow hoping to also post a "I passed" thread as well.
    wweboy wrote: »
    Way to go! 916 is an awesome score! I'm sitting my exam tomorrow hoping to also post a "I passed" thread as well.

You can do it man, just focus on the goal and nothing else. Looking back on that notes thread I can say two things- I wish I spent more time on the port security section because I sort of assumed that was only back in ICND1 but no, it is still in ICND2. The second thing is to make sure you are familiar with debug output and how to initiate debugging or save debugging content/output, I did not see that in any of the ICND2 nuggets really but it is relevant to ICND2.
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really! wow I too would think they'd leave port security in ICND1 as you said I'll make sure I review those sections tonight.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, and good score.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    excellent job! Congrats on the pass!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • mikesprangermikespranger Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    Thanks guys! best of luck on all of your upcoming exams
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Nice, congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Vask! 916 is a great score!

Edit: I see what you did. I will be sure to make sure I have that down too. Thanks for the advice.
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :)

Anyone happen to have a link to the thread with the notes mentioned? Seem really helpful!
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
    Thanks again everyone and for those interested in the thread, look here:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/90707-icnd2-notes.html

Note that the information in the notes document linked there is basically summaries of the main points in the Odom book (official Cisco Press) which goes to show you how effective that one book is, I did try a few others but that one has a level of quality that is just hard to match.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA