RHCE AND RHCSA certifications..Please advise

techadmintechadmin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I have done my graduation in Information technology and now I wish to do the certification in
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)

Can anyone help me by telling how to start towards this..I mean what is the first step towards this..?

Should I need to join training institutes for good Practical knowledge or I can study at home for these certification.

Also suggest Study materials (e.g.Books and question sets etc) whic are available at a good price or freely.

And if need to join training course for better preparation suggest me the BEST training institutes in hydrabad.

Thanks in advance..!!!!!!!!

Comments

• nogamblenogamble Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The best training it to do. Set up a VM and go through the objectives trying stuff out. I have not taken the RHCSA yet and am working on the LPIC-1. Looks like a lot of the info for LPIC applies so for FREE stuff search for LPIC training/quiz and RHCSA stuff.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Self Learning is the best learning and gives you real experience. If cert is more important end up at Amritha Technologies or COSS. Only two places where they teach properly.

If you want to LAB , you can use VM or AWS.

I am also from Hyderabad. There are a couple of books available. I think Michael Jang is good.

If you are also looking for a job after the course. I suggest going through the above institutes as they have placement assistance along with the course. I did courses at both the places.

In case you need any details , you can PM me.

Cheers

Chanakya
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Michael Jang's book is more than enough.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Expect wrote: »
    Michael Jang's book is more than enough.

Agree 100% You need to do a lot of practice labs to prepare for Red Hat exams.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Buy the book, it comes with 2 example exams for RHCSA & RHCE and some nice beginner scripts you can use...