Options

CCNP data center

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
anyone studying or passed this yet? I am looking for what people are using as study guides...I know there is not much out yet but I hear they are coming out with a UCS book in the next couple of months. So far I have latest version of the nexus switching book...

NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures (2nd Edition) (Networking Technology): Ron Fuller, David Jansen, Matthew McPherson: 9781587143045: Amazon.com: Books
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• Options
    Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco Press: Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Gai, Salli, Andersson, 2010. A complete reference guide to the Cisco Data Center Virtualization Server Architecture.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am reading the NX-OS 2nd Edition book and on Amazon I see a 2nd edition for the UCS book coming out as well. The CCIE Data Center track looks very intriguing to me. The recommended book list was only 6 to study all the material. That material so far from the topics is , Nexus, UCS, Storage, & virtualization. I dont think you need the CCNP Data Center for the CCIE track on this one. After my CCNP Security track is done, I might just jump into the CCIE Data Center track. I work with UCS/Nexus on a daily basis, just need to sharpen up the skills there and work on the storage/virtualization technologies. Already got the INE CCIE Data Center bundle with the workbook and rack time as well :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX